Friday, May 1, 2009

>So This is Our Story....

>I'm in college to be a neonatal nurse. I LOVE BABIES!! That is truly my passion. I could literally spend the rest of my life holding, feeding and changing babies and be perfectly happy. =) I'm probably the only person in the world that could be content working in a day care in the infant room and be satisfied. HAHA! But unfortunately that wont pay the bills, so nursing will just have to do. I'm moving in with my girlfriend, Jessica (aka Bake), to our first place later in the summer. She's in college to be a teacher and a basketball coach. She's a total tomboy with a love for sports and I'm a complete indoor, air-condition kind of girl. I cant throw, catch, run, hit, shoot, or score, nor do I have any idea what all that means.. LOL. And let me just tell you, she finds all this simply amusing. At some point everyday, she finds something to toss at me such a keys or a hairbrush just to watch me attemp to catch it. =) We're total opposites. Except for our love of children and desire to be happily married forever. Somehow it just works.

I spent five years with a full-time job that I hated. So I started over last summer when I quit my job and enrolled in college. And I love it!! I never wanted to go when I was in high school, but now I wouldnt trade it for anything. When we graduate we plan to get married and start our family. However, we are sorta-starting a family soon.... We're getting two puppies when we moved into our apartment. They are 2 weeks old and will be coming home later this summer!! Perfect Timing! Its a boy and a girl. (Bella and Edward) They are Chiweenies!! (Chihuahua-Dachshund Mix) We're so excited!

I decided to start blogging after reading a lesbian couple's journey of starting a family. The more Jess and I discuss our plans for the future, the more questions I have. I was looking for any infomation about same-sex couple with families. I just needed to know it could work out and that somewhere, someone was dealing with everything, I wondered about.

Even if no one else ever reads this, we'll always be able to look back years from now and see where we were.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment