Thursday, January 26, 2012

3 weeks in..

I have been in nursing school for 3 weeks. I feel like I have gotten a routine down and am starting to feel more comfortable. I have been very productive as far as studying daily and making sure I stay caught up on reading. I already had 1 skills check out and did well :) Just vital signs but hey.. thats important!

But yesterday and today, I have just been blah about studying. I havent even attempted to open a book. I did manage to print off next week's lessons and assignments but thats it. I just needed a little break. ;)

We have decided to move closer to school when our lease here is up. Right now, my classes are an hour & 1/2 from our apt. Which SUCKS! I wished we hadnt moved to be closer to work bc then Id be only an hour from school. But I didnt know I was getting into nursing school so what can you do. Funny thing is ... where I go to school is where I lived when I was little. And where my Dad lived. Its so weird driving through that town and see what was there 17 years ago. Theres a little go kart place that he used to take me too when I would visit him and its still there!! I am not sure if its opened but it still looks the same. Tuesday would have been his 67th birthday and I as drove by the go kart place I thought about all the times we went there.

Weird. Never thought I would be back in that town to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment