Thursday, July 14, 2011

Scrapbook Expo!

Lately we have been really getting into "wanting" to scrapbook. I say "wanting" because we havent actually started yet ;) It takes a long time, and it takes even longer to get enough stuff together. Its EXPENSIVE! So as my mom & Aunt Kathy tell me... "You only buy when you have a coupon!!" it takes a while to wait for coupons and then go shopping, especially since our tiny town doesnt have scrapbook stores! :( Over the past few months, we have been stocking our "Cars" guest room with scrappy supplies, making it a craft room too!

So last weekend, we went to the Scrapbook Expo! My mom and & Aunt Kathy are big time scrappers, and have been for a long time. So needless to say they have E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G! And they know how to do everything, and have ideas on how to do it cheaper :) We started out using moms stuff, but driving home to scrap was getting expensive and there wasnt ever enough time.

So we bought our own Cricut Machine:



*This is a pic from google. I havent taken a pic of ours yet!*


What the Cricut can do:




 How cute are those flowers?? I love flowers and bling!! Thats all I was looking for at the Expo. I also LOVE mini-albums!! I cant wait make a mini album of Kiwi & Mango! I also found this super cute 2011 mini album that I want to use for graduation. I got lots of cute stuff... check it out!




[caption id="attachment_388" align="aligncenter" width="293" caption="stickers"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_389" align="aligncenter" width="310" caption="Mini Album & Prima FlowerButtons & Glitter"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_390" align="aligncenter" width="257" caption="Blngy!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_391" align="aligncenter" width="478" caption="Desktop Carousel"][/caption]

 

[caption id="attachment_397" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Now my carousel has stuff in it!"][/caption]

While we were shopping I found a wall mounted organization rack with magnetic board for little tins that would hold the bling. It was $30! And I didnt really want to pay to that much. Kathy suggested I buy little wedding tins, glue magnetic dots on them, and put them on a decoration cookie sheet! Which is exactly what I did, except I used a white marker board (it matched what was already on my wall!).

[caption id="attachment_394" align="aligncenter" width="465" caption="DYI Bling Organization!!"][/caption]

More scrapping & DYI projects to come! :D

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the "shout out" Shirrell, Aunt Kathy loves you for it. We had a great time friday at the expo (i am so sorry i look at every little thing) but you will follow in my foot steps as you go. First you see something you like, then you start to think of all the things you can do with it, then your eyes glaze over then you here "hurry up lady you are blocking the aisle" those people don't know how close to death they come. lol then on to the next item. Life is good in the scrapbook world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs. Maybe you should have been a writer. I believe you have a nic for it. I wish one day,we (family) could get together and work on our projects together...And yes Kathy you take alot of time shopping everywhere... lol

    ReplyDelete