Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

I love the holidays. And I love being home at my mom's. We were off 3 days from work and spent it all at moms. Love that!

[caption id="attachment_674" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Thanksgiving 2011 (Idk why its so blurry!)"][/caption]

This year, Black Friday shopping started at 10pm. I was really excited about this because I hate getting up early. Although, I didnt realize it would interfere with my nap after Thanksgiving dinner. We got to Walmart around 530pm. We were on a mission to get the new blue Wii. We already have a Wii in our bedroom that we use mostly to stream Netflix. But we needed Netflix in the living room as well. So instead of buying a streamer for $60-$80m, we decided to just buy the new Wii. We also wanted some of the $20 600 threadcount sheets, which Jess got trampled over. But after elbowing her way back up.. she got our sheets! ;) Some guy tried to take them out of her hands by reaching over her and she BIT HIM! haha kinda gross but hey dont put your hands in someones face just because you are bigger than she is! Asshole. Mom wanted the 19" tv for $100 to go in the guest room (mostly for us :) ) so she stood in line in the freezer section for 7 hours to get one! She was number 1! But turns out they had plently and the next morning they still had over 100. She was pissed. Ha Ha.

We got great deals on dvds, and Wii games. So thats always a plus for me. (seriously addicted to dvds.)

DVDS- Pretty Little Liars (dont hate!), The Vampire Diaries 1 & 2 (2 sets for gifts), Planet Earth, The Big Bang Theory Season 4. $10 each!

[caption id="attachment_678" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Black Friday Shoppers"][/caption]

While we were eating our dinner, I told my brother all about my nursing expenses and how much I had been spending on vaccines and physicals etc. When dinner was over, and he was leaving, he handed me $100 and told me to get my shoes ($60) and stethescope or whatever. I was super excited, hugged him and told him I loved him :) Even though, he gave me the money for shoes, I also had $115 nursing kit to buy to I put the money up for that instead. He called mom later to tell her to make sure I didnt spend it on Black Friday shopping. She informed him I already put it aside for my nursing kit because it cost more. Well he said for me to buy both and he was send me more money in the next week. YAY! I never ask him for money. I try to do it on my own, because I know if I ever get into a bind he will be there for me. Im super excited he is helping me out.. one less thing I have to worry about. :)

3 comments:

  1. That is really good that your brother was there to help you in a time of need. I wish I was able this year to get out there amd black Friday shop instead I. Just did it all up with ebay. Merry xmas and good luck in nursing school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I think next year I need to hit up the online sales!! While I was standing in line for my Wii, a lady was talking about how she purchased the Wii earlier in the day on wm.com... so much easier than standing in line for hours!! Merry Christmas to you as well!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the blog. Why wasn't I in the pictures. :( It doesn't matter when yall come here, we always have a great time... I will be seeing you two next week end. love Mom

    ReplyDelete